Re: Attracting Lightning

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Leon,

I had read something about Tesla using torrids as lightning strike
prevention, not attraction like the lightning rod.   It may be possible
using a TC.  I have run in the basement just before a couple of storms, and
noticed an increase in local strikes, from an average of 10 to 30-40.  But
again it could have been the storm, and not TC use.  I would use caution
around your coils during storms, I have been bit handling secondaries during
a close strike.

David E Weiss