Re: NST Core wanted, primary in tact

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I may have been the one who used the NST core for the filament transformer.
There are a few problems.  1), if using a france core (which separates in 2
halves) it will buzz and vibrate like hell unless you were to glue or weld
the core together.  2), they are really too big!  Maybe if you wanted to
drive like 4-6 833A filaments it would be worth it.  I would suggest a MOT.
It will run quite (since the core it already welded), and will look clean
when your done.  There are also light ballasting transformers that will
work if rewound.  I thing Marc Metlika (sp? sorry!) did this.

Here is the page from my site with the homemade (kinda ;)) transformer.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/304TLfilament.htm

Steve Ward