Re: Hyperbaric Gap

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 11:57 AM 22/06/03 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

 >I was looking at some pics of Weazle's Hyperbaric spark gap. I take it from
 >the name that it's like an ordinary sucker gap, but with the blower hooked
 >up the other way round, so the chamber is pressurised and the air blows out
 >through the hollow electrodes? Does it work better than the usual sucker
 >arrangement?
 >
 >Steve C.

Hi Steve, Coilers,

That's it exactly...the chamber is operated with a positive pressure so as
to improve the quenching.  The air exits the chamber via the hollow copper
pipe electrodes, hence cooling them as well as extracting the ionized air.
It's the best performing gap of all that I've tried, and I've tried quite
a number of them, including a sync rotary.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle