Re: Where do you buy Fiberglass discs for an RSG???

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Actually, most people who use Lexan for rotary spark gap rotors soon have
to replace their rotors.  Lexan melts at a very low temperature, whereas
the garolite composites (LE, CE, G-10, etc) that most people actually DO
use have considerably higher melting temperatures.  The rotor and
electrodes can fly apart if it melts.

McMaster-Carr has all you can think of:
http://www.mcmaster-dot-com

I have used both Grade LE Garolite and G-10, and my personal preference is
Grade LE.  Grade LE is a linen in an epoxy resin, machines better than
G-10, but doesn't have quite as high material strengths as G-10.

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group