Re: History Channel

Original poster: "Jim Mora by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jmora-at-jetlink-dot-net>

Hello All,

Yes, that was a fascinating pair of shows. The lightning shots were
spectacular. I used to live in tornado alley in the Midwest, and watched
many such awesome displays.  And I had a few close encounters too.

As far as the steel suits, capacitance discharge,  E fields, and traversing
the lines in howling, high winds across the Mojave desert, well...one has to
love pigeons.

I seem to remember watching a BW movie about HV linepeople many years ago,
very young (I'm 53). Someone fell to a substation from a high tension tower.
It was frightening, memorable,  yet real, given the statistics we heard last
night. Anyone know what that movie might be?

Tesla received poor recognition in my view.

Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca. US
Born Shorem, LI, NY.