Re: Hyperbaric/ RQ gaps for high power / was: History Channel

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,

a comment below

>Yes, I did see Mr. Greenhouse's big coil with him drawing the
>big sparks to himself (which we are told over and over to not
>do, by the pros :^) Anyway, I noticed that it also showed what
>looked like a stationary RQ type of SG firing and since this is
>obviously a large, high powered piggy powered coil, I was won-
>dering how pratical a stationary sucker or hyberbaric type gap
>would be for a big coil if the components were proportionately
>large enough to disapate the generated heat?

His spark gap did use a RSG, you must have overlooked it.  I watched the
program 2 times ;), and didnt understand what the spark gap was until the
second time around.  He had a RSG with a static gap either in parallel as a
safety (most likely) or in series for quenching (not likely).  IT seemed
from the footage, that the gap was ARSG, since the operation did not look
very smooth, and the static gap fired a lot.  But then again, the coil had
a very synchronous tone to it, so maybe it was just a poorly adjusted sync
gap?  Well, either way, the coil looked to be performing great, so i guess
it couldnt have been too bad ;)

I wish i had his suit, it looked like so much fun!  Allowing 10 foot arcs
to your hands would just be amazing.

Steve Ward

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/virus