RE: Differential voltage probes

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Hi Terry, list,

This is great fun.  As you'll remember I'm a great advocate of measuring
differential signals in TCs.  Always referencing everything to earth ground
often gives a distorted picture of what's really going on in TCs.

A couple of questions:  What do you intend to measure with your
differential probes?  Small voltage differences on a SS circuit board or
separated "antennae" signals from around the TC?  Makes a big difference in
design.  Especially the front ends.

RWW

 > Hi All,
 >
 > Finn and I have been thinking about differential voltage probes that
would
 > be useful for solid state Tesla coil work.  Rather than spend $$$$ on
 > commercial ones, say from Tek, we were wondering about just making our
own.