Re: Desktop Bipolar Coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/28/03 1:00:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>. It is my understanding the John Freau's equation for
>spark length is only good for NSTs when the NST is modified.
>
>John Couture

John,

My equation is good for NST's whether they are modified or not.
One should use the measured input wattage for the calc, or at
least the PF corrected VA which should be a reasonably accurate
approach too.  Consider for example John Morawa's beautiful
15/30 NST coil which gave 40" sparks from an unmodified NST,
at 120 volts input.

John