Re: That other HV List

Original poster: "Chip Atkinson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>

Overall, I don't mind having a separate list for different things.  The
one problem that I've seen is dilution.  You have a list that is rather
specific so that there are only about 10 people on it.  Then there aren't
enough postings to generate interest/postings and the list kind of dies
out.  That happened with the laster list that I set up a while back.
There just wasn't enough traffic and it is basically idle.

 From what I know, it seems like a good approach to have just a HV list and
then as traffic gets more specific and can be split off, into sub lists
then do it.  That way the traffic remains high and people are more
interested in posting.

I'm a big fan of moderated lists so I'd like to set it up as such.  If
there's someone who is willing to moderate it I could set it up.  Keep in
mind that moderating a list that is busy is a pretty big job (as Terry,
Storey, and I well know).
Chip