Re: Tuning Troubles

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Eight spark gaps may be wasting excessive energy in the form of heat and
light --- especially heat.  You might try just one or two gaps for best
efficiency.  On most of our 30 mA and 60 mA coils we use just three 1/2 dia.
tungsten electrodes to form 2 sparkgaps.  Only on the 60 mA units do we add
a 100 CFM fan behind the gaps.  30 mA doesn't require any cooling at all for
best quenching.

Also, experiment with elevating your sec. coil in 1/2 inch increments until
you hit the best coeff. of coupling.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.