Dummy load

Original poster: "Richard W. by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <potluck-at-xmission-dot-com>

Hi all,

Maybe I'm being a bit out in left field with this one and knowing me it's a
good possibility. Anyway, I have 40 Dale Aluminum 50K 50W resistors. If I
use individual heatsinks on each and possibly under oil to insulate each
case/heatsink from the others can I build a dummy load? I could make 4
strings of 10 then 2 paralleled strings in series would give me 500K total
resistance. Taps could be used to allow some degree of variability.

Is this possible? Or am I off base with this one?

Rick W.