Re: Winding/coating...

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Contact Brigar Electronics (yahoo will find it for
you). Ask them to MAIL you a catalog (their on-line
catalog bites). They sell surplus magnet wire for $2 /
pound. Their stock turns over frequently, but
eventually they will have the gauge you are looking
for. Just keep bugging them for their latest catalog
until they have what you want. I've bought about 30
Lbs of magnet wire from them, and it was all
excellent--brand-new spools still in their factory
paper wrappers for $2 / Lb plus shipping. Can't be
beat.

Regards,

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/images/ctc3_secondary02.jpg
 >  >
 >  > I've handwound many coils on this thing and even
 > the largest one shown
 > here
 >  > only took about an hour to wind
 >  > by hand.
 >  >
 >  > The Captain
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > Well... Now I guess I need a winding/coating
 > rig.. first I guess
 > coating...
 >  > so im thinking pot controled steper motor.. Got a
 > nice big printer steper
 >  > motor.. and a scanner one with gears on it
 > allready
 >  > Honestly I don't think the printer steper would
 > need downgearing really,
 >  > its got enufe torque and can be run at slow enufe
 > speeds with the right
 >  > driver...
 >  > I got some footpedals for my steering wheel that
 > detach too, so I could
 >  > have pedals for winding speed control..
 >  > But that brings me to a question... either way...
 > im gonna need something
 >  > to hold the tube... what would I use? atm im
 > gonna be using just a 12"
 > long
 >  > 1" across pvc tube...
 >  > but id like to be able to adjust to it other
 > tubes later on.... so mabey
 >  > just 2 ends I can clamp onto a bench to adjust
 > for tube length, but
 > still..
 >  > tube diamater... I don't have shop access.. tho
 > my brother does weld..
 >  > Next question... what kinda driver could I use
 > for a steper motor?
 >  > perferabley a revirseable one (perferabley
 > revirseable by just a single
 >  > pot) and perferabley common... my local shop
 > likes to play the "got a
 > cheap
 >  > 5amp 100v or higher mosfet?" "uhh, what part
 > number" "hmm... xxxx" "no"
 >  > "xxxx" "no" "xxxx" "no" (on for 1/2 an hour)
 > "xxxx" "Yes" "ok! how much is
 >  > it" "$30" "uhhh... for a 5amp 100v mosfet?
 > yeash...." and I usally just go
 >  > home at that point...
 >  > I assume its cause its discontuined or
 > something...
 >  > Sigh... a place that accepts money orders or
 > something with whatever part
 >  > would be nice too...
 >  >
 >  > _