Re: depotted nst confusion

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Adam,

Are you sure you reset the breaker correctly?  If you did and it's still not
working, it may be a bad breaker.  I think that NST may be due for the scrap
heap.  You may have a short from the primary to ground.  Another thought,
could you be using a GFI outlet?  I have had problems with NSTs on GFI
outlets before. (they don't like Jacob's ladders or TC's very well.)  I have
a 15/60 with an intermittant primary short, that can trip a 20A breaker
before I even get a spark in the gap, and a minute later it will do a 5 min
run with no problem.

Good luck,
David E Weiss