Re: VTTC Stacatto Board - Schematic and Parts List available

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Everyone,
>I was cruising my local junk store, and there are two 833a tubes for sale.
>Visually they look clear, etc., but what are some things I can look for to
>determine whether or not these are worth the 50 bucks apiece that they are
>asking.  BTW, is that a reasonable price?  It would seem so, going by the
>typical e-Bay bids.
>
>Thanks,
>John Richardson

Hi John,
        You can do three things on an in-store inspection:

1)     Look for flakes/specks of dark gray "dust" in the bottom of the
tube. Their presence indicates a filament/cathode  that has started to
disintegrate from use and its life is limited.
2)    If any of the 4 terminals are the slightest bit loose, forget it, its
life is limited.
3)    using a cheap ohmmeter, check the filament for continuity. 833As
should measure about 1 ohm.
        If they are good, the price is not bad since you don't have to pay S&H.

Matt D.