RE: VTTC Stacatto Boards - silkscreen/solder mask

Original poster: "Dwight by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dwighth-at-traxsoft-dot-com>

Silkscreen refers to all the printed info on the board -- part designators,
outlines, copyright, etc.  Something that you really want to have if you're
assembling a board by hand!

Solder Mask is the layer of semi-transparent material placed over most of
the board except for those areas that will require solder.  Most commonly a
greenish color.  It keeps the traces from tarnishing/corroding, and provides
a degree of insulation.  For machine-assembled boards it keeps the solder
from being applied to all the traces.