Re: Mini OLTC is working!

Original poster: "Vladi mazzilli by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mazvla-at-iol.it>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

 > Hey Tesla dudes
 >
 > I've been building a mini version of the OLTC originally made by Terry
 > Fritz. Mine has a 5.5" x 9" secondary and runs at 125 kHz. It uses two of
 > those IR IGBTs. I got it working today, it consumes about 45 watts at
 > 110bps and produces a 5" arc to ground. I'm hoping to develop it to 400bps,
 > 200 watts and 10" or more. There are pictures and scope traces on my
 > website, go to http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tcintro.html and look in the 'Tesla
 > Three' section. I'm looking forward to hearing any comments or suggestions
 > from the OLTC folk.
 >
 > Happy Coiling
 >
 > Steve C.

Good work Steve, have you seen my mini current fed resonant push pull SSTC
with two IGBTs? It give 14"

spark running at 128kHz with half wave modulation 120Vac.
The photos are on

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mazzilli

Cheers

Vladi