Re: Stereo amplifier

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

On modern professional audio amps, the slew rate can allow operation up to
120KHz at full rated power.  On the amps I use for my audio company, I could
run bridged into a 4 Ohm load 2400W.  In this same series are amps that can
go 10KW at 2 Ohms.  The only problem is that most pro amps have supersonic
filters that filter out anything above 23KHz.  This is done to stop cable
crosstalk feedback.  Also at high power the amps can weigh as much as a pole
pig.  The amps also have speaker protection and amp protection that may be
undesireable.  I have thought about having Crest Audio build a osc/amp for
coil use.  Also pro amps cost about a $1 a Watt.

David E Weiss