Re: Modulation+Plasma Tubes(Was Stereo amplifier)

Original poster: "Jocelyn Duquette by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdessence-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Bill Connery

How can I reach him? Where is he located?

Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz "

Hi Steve,

The acoustic standing waves causing the broken appearance of the plasma
makes sense, so you have probably solved that mystery. I can't figure out
the color changes either. It might be due to the presence of several
different gasses in the tube, but I can't figure out why different audio
freqs would cause different ones to ionize more than the other. Perhaps its
a duty cycle kind of thing. Lower frequencies might give some of the gasses
time to de-ionize between pulses, while the ionization of other gasses tends
to persist between those same pulses. Sounds like I need to have a talk
with Bill Connery - someone I know that makes plasma tubes, globes, and
crackle tubes. He could probably shed some light on this. (I know, bad pun!)

Bill, are y! ou on this list?

Sue