Re: Dangers of SSTCs ! ! ! Measured

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 19:13 09/03/03 -0700, you wrote:

>Maybe SSTCs are a bit more dangerous than we thought . . . !

That's why I prefer the OLTC. It has just as much high-tech circuitry to
play with as a SSTC, but it's pretty tame. My prototype goes all the way
down to 2bps. I took a couple of strikes from it at the weekend (running at
a reduced B+ voltage) and never felt more than a wee tingle.

Steve C.