Re: Oil-less Pig

Hi,

:-)  A local guy had a core (still well damp with oil) that he tried to run
at "low power" out of the oil.  It worked great and over time he was
running it at full power.  But after a few months of being out of the oil,
it dried up enough that one day it blew...  Totally destroyed the core.

There is some advantage in repotting the core in a smaller case if you have
the metal and welding skills.  You can make the pig much smaller and
lighter.  We don't need all the oil in our case, so we can repackage it to
a smaller case for size and weight.  But that is quite a project.

In this case,  probably a touch with and arc welder will seal the
hole.  J+B Weld would probably do it too if you clean and sand the area.

Cheers,

         Terry