Re: Looking for Cast Acrylic Sheet Stock

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Why are you choosing acrylic???  Acrylic is probably the most difficult of
all plastics to machine.  Extremely difficult.
Unless you are experienced with maching acrylic, i would highly advise
against it.  Polycarbonate, for example, is much more easy to
machine than acrylic.  Also, if you are just looking for simple brackets
etc..., Type II PVC (grey) is an EXCELLENT material.  EXTREMELY
easy to machine, tap, drill, cut, or whatever.  And VERY inexpensive.  The
best part about it is there is a special plastic adhesive by Loctite which
can bond this stuff together instantly and provide an unbreakable bond.
Very easy to just glue this stuff together to make complex brackets and more
. . .

The Captain