Re: Input power measurement - Modifying Power Meters

At 04:19 PM 3/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>
>
>Hi
>
>IIRC, domestic (and others, I guess) energy meters (they measure kWhrs!)

Ahem, shouldn't we be SI here in tesla land.. they measure joules, and
happen to have a scale marked in kWh. (no doubt as a result of the early
Edison hegemony/conspiracy to meter electricty consumption, when everyone
knows that electricity is "too cheap to meter")<grin>

>  feature a drag magnet - I think that this imparts a braking effect on
> the disc.
>
>If you can get the thing open, see if this (permanent) magnet may be adjusted.

Clever idea... you're right... the crossed fields from the current and
potential windings put a torque on the disk, and the drag magnet is what
turns a torque into a velocity.