Re: NST current

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Increasing the output of an NST won't cause serious harm to the rest of your
tesla system as long as those other components are spec'd according to the
new current output of
the modified transformer.  However, modifying a NST can be a very tedious
task.  Basically, you need to remove the core from the potting material
inside and then remove some of the
current limiting shunts.  However, increasing the current output of your
30mA transformer does increase the chance you may burn the thing up.

The Captain