RE: Motorola 33794 electric field imaging IC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

Hi Jim,

It seems to me (after a quick reading) that the device measures its own
generated E-field distortions and, from that, infers object
distance/position. I guess it performs some rudimenal vector algebric
inside

What would be more interesting, IMHO, would be to find a good
application note about this device or the technical principle of
measurement described somewhere.

We could then develop our own, ruggeded and properly shaped "whatever"
to picture the E-field around a TC.

Best Regards

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs