Re: Mini OLTC is getting 9"

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 08:08 17/03/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>
>
>hi steve terry,
>                     steve i dont think that your spark gap coil can be
>compared in results as its dc resonant charging and the rotary rate directly
>affects power throughput whereas with an ac charging circuit its not quite
>that linear

The coils that we're discussing (Terry's OLTC, my mini OLTC, my
conventional coil) are all DC resonant charging, so we're comparing like
with like. We're assuming that they all have constant bang energy. The
coils that inspired the power formula were AC with a sync rotary and so had
constant bang energy too. I agree that when you get to AC coils with ASRGs,
the bang energy varies in a complex way and things start to get scary.

Steve C.