Re: SSTC idea - DRSSTC ?

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

  Hi Chris,

DRSSTC stands for double resonance solid state tesla coil. It uses IGBTs in
an h-bridge to drive a capacitor in series with the primary of the tesla
coil. The primary and capacitor are resonant at the same frequency as the
secondary, so the voltage across the primary rises with resonance. The
current also rises to about 1000amps. It's just a really high peak power
sstc. Most of the information on it is in the archives, but today I put
some stuff online at hot-streamer-dot-com/chunkyboy86. DRSSTC.doc has some
explanation stuff, but not too much. I am going to make a real website for
it when I'm done with it.

   Tesla list &lt;tesla-at-pupman-dot-com&gt; wrote:
Original poster: "chris swinson by way of Terry Fritz "

DRSSTC ?? Whats that all about, is there anything online which explains the
idea behind it ? It sounds interesting for sure!

Cheers,
Chris