Re: ground rods

I think the "take home message" from the IEEE std is this:

1) What's close to the rod makes a heck of a lot more difference than what's
far.  25% of the resistance is in the first foot from the rod.
2) Don't put rods any closer together than one rod length, if your goal is
to reduce ground resistance (closer is ok if your goal is to reduce current
in each rod)
3) The diameter of the rod is unimportant
4) The type of soil is going to be the big requirement driver, both for the
diameter of  rod and the eventual resistance

I'm looking for some standards/data on RF grounds that takes into account
the EM properties.(specifically, skin effect)

Just for a ballpark... if your ground is, say 30 ohms, how does that compare
to the series impedance of your RLC secondary circuit..

Well.. if the total C is 60 pF, and you're running at 100 kHz, the Xc is
1/(2*pi*100E3*60E-12) = 1/ 37.7E-6 = (1/.377)E+4 = about 30,000 ohms.....

The ground resistance is insignificant..1/1000 th of the reactance..