From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 12:48 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Operation (getting OT)

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Joules per coulomb is Joules/charge since a coulomb is a unit of charge.
By the definition given Joules/charge=Force
and since  EMF = Joules/ coulomb = Joules/ charge = Force, it follows that
EMF must be force, and should rightfully be measured in Newtons.

Force itself is not energy.
Energy is force times distance

If charge in coulombs is equal to the  number of Joules per newton
this  is the same as saying that charge is energy over force.

Now with Q standing for charge in coulombs, E form energy in Joules, F for
force in Newtons and d for  distance in metres, Q can be reduced to its
simplest terms

Q     =    E /F     =    (F x d)/ F     =    F/F x d/F  =d/F
Q     =     d/F

So, charge is not measured in metres but in metres per newton.

Jolyon