Re: HV Diodes - RVP Fast Recovery Types and Paralleling of ? ? ?

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Having replaced a few diode strings in high-voltage radar power supplies I
feel I should make a comment about how the plates were matched. We neaded 20
series diode plates in parallel so we put 200 volts and a resistor in series
to measure ths diode junction voltage drop of the hole diode plate. we then
selected 20 out of 100 with the same voltage drop to connect in parallel.
The unused plates were saved to use the next time a replacement was neaded.
At a cost of $200,000 per assembly the time required to select matched diode
plates was well worth the effort.
   Robert  H