Horizontal VTTC

Original poster: "James by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mustang3-at-cox-dot-net>

Hi Bert, Group,
     I had always wanted a good horizontal coil. So I made this one big
enough to work well. The concentric primary gives good coupling and you get
a good pulse on the tickler winding(grid feedback). I tuned for a good
negative pulse on the grid of the toob. I ended up with 15 T. on the
tickler. At the same, you tune the grid leak resistor for the current in
the toob. The PS is a MOT with the shunts knocked out. This made a big
difference in performance. Prolly 3 to 4 inches greater. I use 4 MOT caps
in parallel for the doubler. Also, I use 16 each
<mailto:1000PIV-at-6A>1000PIV-at-6A diodes in series for the rectifier.
      Terry, how do I get pictures on the list? I have a few pictures of
all this mess in operation. I also have some WMA files of the coil in
operation. Contact me off list and I'll email it to you.
                                                                                     Later,
                                                                                     James