Re: Vintage 10,000 volt DC 1ma supply for sale.

Original poster: "Paul Marshall by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Mathematically, you may be correct. However my quarter shrinking experience
has taught me a valuable lesson on losses. At some point in the charging
cycle you will find the voltage on the cap stalling. For instance I had a
bank of 30kV 15 uF (3)caps. If I used a single 15 kV 30ma transformer the
max voltage the cap would see was about 10 kV. It wasn't until I started
using the pole pig that I acheived full charge. I guess the message here is
that Losses are a reality and if you only have a single ma at 10kV you
aren't going to do a lot of charging.

Feel free to contact me, about quarter shrinking. I have a lot of
experence.....

Paul S. Marshall