Re: Wire

Hi Black Moon,

At 02:15 AM 2/25/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>>For people like me that really want specialty wire I recommend
>>         <www.mwswire-dot-com>
>>I was able to buy "quad" build #38 and #36, "triple" build #32, and
>>"heavy" (ie double) build #28 for my 500 turn, 1000 turn, 1500 turn,
>>and 2000 turn coils.
>uhhh... what is quad and tripple build?
>and honestly I would of been happy with the $10 us mouser wire, its just
>the shop said this is all they found (after 3 months of them apparently
>'searching' tho I highly doubt they spent more then 1/2 an hour.... when I
>asked why not mouser they said they don't deal with them. yeash.. plus as
>I said, without a credit card its kinda hard to buy from these places)

Someday soon....,  I let you know that I had a few pounds of #28 left over
from my OLTC project that I wooda sent ya for free if you sent me back what
you did not need:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P2240003.jpg

But I won't tell you today, since this is sort of a bad day to let you know
;o)))

Next time, if your having trouble finding something, ask us all
here!!!!!  Many of us have like three "really built" coils, and parts
laying around for about 400 more unbuilt coils ;-)))  I also had the #32...

A nice chart of wire and retail prices (USA) is at:

http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/asp/loadpage.asp?pagenum=695&descid=20337&term=Magnet+Wire

At the bottom they list their magnet wire.  People in other countries can
always ask if they need help getting USA stuff sent to them...  Many of us
are happy to help and buying stuff from these places.  McMaster Carr orders
are like a weekly event for me right now.  Easy to add on stuff for others
too...

E-bay has some terribly good prices for things like magnet wire from time
to time....

Cheers,

         Terry