Winding/coating...

Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well... Now I guess I need a winding/coating rig.. first I guess coating...
so im thinking pot controled steper motor.. Got a nice big printer steper
motor.. and a scanner one with gears on it allready
Honestly I don't think the printer steper would need downgearing really,
its got enufe torque and can be run at slow enufe speeds with the right
driver...
I got some footpedals for my steering wheel that detach too, so I could
have pedals for winding speed control..
But that brings me to a question... either way... im gonna need something
to hold the tube... what would I use? atm im gonna be using just a 12" long
1" across pvc tube...
but id like to be able to adjust to it other tubes later on.... so mabey
just 2 ends I can clamp onto a bench to adjust for tube length, but still..
tube diamater... I don't have shop access.. tho my brother does weld..
Next question... what kinda driver could I use for a steper motor?
perferabley a revirseable one (perferabley revirseable by just a single
pot) and perferabley common... my local shop likes to play the "got a cheap
5amp 100v or higher mosfet?" "uhh, what part number" "hmm... xxxx" "no"
"xxxx" "no" "xxxx" "no" (on for 1/2 an hour) "xxxx" "Yes" "ok! how much is
it" "$30" "uhhh... for a 5amp 100v mosfet? yeash...." and I usally just go
home at that point...
I assume its cause its discontuined or something...
Sigh... a place that accepts money orders or something with whatever part
would be nice too...

_