Re: Specs for used eBay Maxwell capacitors

Original poster: "Bunnykiller by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Scott Hanson by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>
>
>Dan -
>
>You mentioned that you received the "specs" for the used Maxwell capacitors
>now listed on eBay, and that they are perfect for Tesla coil use.
>
>Can you share the Maxwell model numbers, maximum pulse rates, and rated shot
>life for these specific capacitors? These capacitors show up from time to
>time on eBay, but its very hard to find the original Maxwell spec sheets for
>them.
>
>If you've got the data that confirms that they are good for Tesla coil
>service, please share it!  Perhaps Terry could archive the info at
>Hot-Streamer-dot-com.
>
>Regards,
>Scott Hanson

I have been using the 31XXX series Maxwells for over 3 yrs now and they
still are holding up... ( hmmm   now watch... I'll burn them up since I
talked about them)   at present I have 4 in series for 200KV total -at-
.1mf   being pushed by  34KV+ .

they have seen many hours of use ( 3 haunted house applications and at
least 3 hrs per month elsewise..)   hmmmm lets see...

2X  (6 nites a week for 4 weeks 5 hrs a nite ) -at- 50% duty cycle  + 4 nites
-at- 50% duty cycle ( 5 hrs a nite)   + 3 hrs a month for 33 months = 133 hrs

133X 60 = 7980 minutes      X 60 =  478800 seconds    X 54KHZ  = 25.8
billion pulses      or to consider just the primary charge pulses...
28.7 million ...

Id say they are handling things well  ;)

Scot D