Re: Suggestion on Power Supply?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I have an idea for rotary gap that involves this:
>four 5/16" diameter tungsten balls pounded into a
>1/4" thick sheet of G10. They're not flush, 1/32"
>sticks out from the disc on both sides.

The G10 will become burnt near the tungsten balls if this scheme is
utilized.  The tungsten electrodes need to protrude further from the
G10 to keep the heat from the sparking away from the G10.  It's
probably best to use traditionally shaped cylindrical electrodes
in the rotor.

John