RE: Offline Cockroft-Walton

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Not only possible, but this actually is a very common practice, however
usually very low current.
Its just much cheaper and economical to use step-up transformers get high
current / high voltage from
mains voltage than going with this approach.