Re: Ferrite Beads - Bad idea?

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Terry,

I've run ferrite beads on the leads to the HV transformer and secondary HV
leads out of the HV transformer for years.  They work well and I have had
no heating problems.  Like Robert, I have not put them on the primary
resonate circuit.

You may want to try them this way and see if there is a decrease in tank
RMS voltage and rise times.

RWW

 > Terry: I seriously question the placement of your ferrite beads. Beads on
 > the input to the coil circuit between the NST and the spark gap are a good
 > idea, but you have the beads placed inside the resonant primary circuit.
 > This part of the circuit you want fast rise time. the faster the better.
 > Your beads slow down the rise time giving you less amp turns per second or
 > lessssss output. Put your beads on your input power lead and your NST
leads.
 >     Robert   H

--- Richard Wayne Wall
--- rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com