RE: Man inside sphere electrode (electrum)

Hi Ryan,

The Electrum only runs at 38kHz.  Skin effect is not very great!

Skin effect is sort of a "myth" as it turns out for Tesla coils.  Since the
body's resistance is so high, even at like 200kHz the "skin depth" is like
1 meter!!  So unless one is really fat, skin depth is not a factor.

The reason people do not "feel" high frequency currents is that the nerves
do not polarize and register the pain.  So you may not feel the current,
but the "frying effect" is there.  RF currents tend to travel in blood
vessels and nerves.  When one is stuck by lightning, the blood vessels and
nerves are often visibly fried causing "Lichtenberg" burns in the
skin.  Fortunately, the heart and lungs do not feel the current either, so
the chance of typical electrocution from RF is low.  More info is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Safety/safety.htm

Cheers,

         Terry