Re: Magnifier conversion

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>

 > In this case, both the scope and MicroSim model are taking the RMS value
 > over the displayed full 200uS time span.  So they should both be pretty
 > representative of the power in the first 200uS.  There is also the "cycle
 > RMS" that is just over one cycle but that would not have meaning here.  One
 > problem is that it is unlikely that the 220K + 4pF streamer load is really
 > that consistent in such a small time frame.

Now I understand the measurement.
I have checked the rms voltages produced by a conventional coil and by a
6th-order magnifier. You are right. The rms voltage produced by a
conventional coil is higher. Ideally, it is always 50% of the peak
output voltage, for all modes. In a magnifier, it is around 43%
of the peak value, with the best value obtained for mode 1:2:3,
43.75%, tending to 43.30 % for higher modes k:k+1:k+2. This is a
consequence of the "second-order" notches. For modes k:k+1:m>>k,
C2 tends to zero, and the system tends to a conventional two-
coils system, with the rms value returning to 50% of the peak
voltage.
I have implemented the exact calculation in my mrn6 program.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz