Re: Water Pig

Original poster: "Charles T. Pike by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ctpike-at-rcn-dot-com>

There seems to be some confusion about the use of water as a
dielectric.  Water can only store a charge for a short time, typically
microseconds. It is useful in pulsed power systems as a fast capacitor
to charge in microseconds and discharge in nanoseconds, but it is not
usable in a DC or low frequency capacitor no matter how pure the water
is.

Charlie

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>