Re: Behlke.de

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 07:58 09/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Greg Leyh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>

>A 600A brick will typically exhibit about 40 to 60nH of stray inductance.
>Not a factor in TC work, really.

Well I guess it depends on _where_ that stray inductance is within the
brick... if it were in the gate/emitter circuit it would be a total disaster :(

>Do you know someone at Behlke, by chance?  Could you ask them to check
>their messages?  ^_^

unfortunately not... I'm just interested in their scary fast HV switches
same as you. Not that I want to buy any, but I want to figure out how they
work. Plus I know enough German to read the stuff on their website.

>On a semi-related note, it appears that laser-triggered silicon can't
>quite be made fast enough for TC work, even at Fo = 7kHz.

Bummer! I guess I'll pass on that 300kV laser triggered thyristor stack I
saw on EBay then ;D

Steve C.