Re: Hard to find NST - France 4020SE

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Karl Lindheimer by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <karl-at-coolbluesky-dot-com>

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I have been having a very hard time finding a new France 4020SE open frame
 > NST.  It is rated for 4 KV at 20 ma.  I wanted to incorporate it into a
 > mini-coil for Gary Laus' competition at laushaus-dot-com.  I ended up building
 > the coil and entering it under catagory II instead.  If anyone knows a good
 > source for these little NST's, please post it.  I've tried all of the East
 > Coast France distributors.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Karl

Hi Karl,

I don't think you tried all the east coast distributors. :^)

I ordered three 4020SE transformers from N. Glantz & Son in Buffalo, NY on
March 28. They only had one in
stock and had to order the other two but I still received them within a
week of ordering. The price was $
30.53 each plus shipping.

They are listed as a distributor on the France web site and also have a
place in Brooklyn, NY, but
Buffalo is closer for me.

                            N. Glantz & Son
                            218 57th Street