Re: Tesla Coil Dream

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I got a lot done this week.

Decided not to use the sauna circuit. Wired up a
240V/50A stove outlet in the garage, complete
with NEC required 50A ground fault breaker.
Pulling 6-3 NM cable through the wall is no fun
though. Should give me 12,000W

Speaking of ballasts, I just reconditioned an old
Lincoln 225 Arc Welder. (240V/50A) Hard to believe
it's rated for 50A since it's primary lead cables
are so thin. (and made of aluminum!)

You know the dial on the front that lets you select
your secondary amperage up to 255 in 12 increments? I
am replacing the numbers with a scale my own:

40 Wuss
60 Yawn
75 Granny's Coil
90 Try an NST