Re: My ARSG had a melt-down

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I'm surprised you used PVC in the first place.  PVC has a very low melting
point compared to other appropriate materials for a rotor.
Yes, i would definitely heed that friendly warning.  You are very lucky that
the electrodes didn't become loose enough to fly off the rotor and impail
yourself.
Definitely retire the rotor and use a better material like CE phenolic or
similar.

The Captain

 > I was running with my original ARSG last night. A 12" diameter disk with
12
 > flying brass electrodes, driven by a 1/20th HP Robbins induction motor.
I'm