Re: Magnetizing current in SSTCs, my previous posting

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Peter (& all)-

First let me gently correct you as to my "theory", which is not, of
course, a theory at all, in our context, but rather merely a conjecture
(as I said).  I remind all that, for scientists (or at-best
quasi-scientists like me), a "theory" is an >explanation<; it is much
more than a conjecture.  I'm reminded of the many evolutionists who have
been bedeviled by the "it's only a theory" objection to what is before
everybody's eyes.  We need to be careful with "theory"!

Lecture accomplished, I wouldn't argue about the femto-seconds but I
wonder about the ratio of electric energy that gets put into
disassociating the electrons vs. the energy that goes into heating up the
air.  Would not that ratio be quite large?  In other words, would not the
air have to become substantially heated up before the coil-system's
energy becomes substantially dissipated into the seen-and-heard spark?

If that were the case, then perhaps my argument (conjecture!) has merit.

Ken Herrick