RE: VERY HIGH BPS at 6kw! 240 V into the 120 V

Original poster: "terry oxandale by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toxandale-at-cei-dot-net>

This was my experience too. At the time I was doing this I lacked the
insight to consider core saturation, but none-the-less, I ran that coil
relentlessly (hundreds of runs) and it never seemed to bother the PT at 5X
it's nameplate rating.

(un)Terry

  > All I can say is that I ran the system like this over 10 occasions last
  > season, and the runs were anywhere from 30 seconds to over 5 minutes at a
  > time, and the transformer was still ice cold. The ballast early in the
  > season was set to 25 amps, and later in the season, I ran a new circuit
and
  > increased the current to 35.
  >
  > cya,
  > Gregory

Ballasting the primary is *not* the same thing as slamming 240V on
the primary of a 120V transformer.

Malcolm