Re: IGBT Brick hits 1200A

Hi,

I ran into a problem where the currents say (5000 amps!) and the low loop
resistance ~0.1 ohms was just too much for snubber style circuits.  I just
had to let it go.  But my OLTC did not seem to mind.

However, I am no genius when it comes to snubber circuits so maybe others
can figure it out.

A MicroSim model of my OLTC is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MicroSim/MicroSim.html

I think you have to redefine the Bv on the front end diode models to 1000
volts instead of 100 volts.

Cheers,

         Terry