Re: 12 MV 100 years ago

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Peter,

On 20 May 2003, at 12:09, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Peter Terren by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pterren-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

I had a look at one of those references. There is a bald statement
that Vout = such and such without a scrap of theoretical
justification for the formula. In fact, a consideration of output
voltage taking energy conservation into account invalidates the
claims made above. This has been known about for a long time. I
posted something about this just a week or two ago and there must be
dozens of messages dating back more than 7 years in the list archives.

Malcolm