Re: Electric Waterfall - First attempts with minicoil

Original poster: "Karl Lindheimer by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <karl-at-coolbluesky-dot-com>

Dan, all;

I made a mini-electric waterfall type of display by placing an inverted lead
crystal candle holder on the toroid of my mini-coil, and then placing a
capacitive load (clear 25 w appliance bulb) on top of the candle holder.
The sparks travel several inches across the crystal to reach the toroid in a
waterfall type of effect.  The appliance bulb also puts on a good show as
well.  The trick works well only with lead crystal at my low power levels.

Regards,

Karl