Re: Tuning Troubles - Brass Balls

Hi,

I realize that "I" may have gotten the "cheap ones"... but mine were just
brass coated and burned through:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5260007.jpg

For "real brass balls", just go to:

http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/

And search on "brass ball knobs":

http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/asp/loadpage.asp?pagenum=2007&descid=4798&term=Brass+Ball+Knob

I keep a big selection "on the hoof":

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5260002.jpg

"Solid" steel, aluminum, brass, SS303 in sizes from 3/4 to 1 7/8.  They
come with all kinds of threaded holes to fit your needs too.  The 1 inch
ones are just over $4.00.

They also have solid unthreaded balls in a vast array of materials
too...  The 2 inch ball bearings are great of checking calipers at like
0.000050 inch tolerance...

I have gotten real friendly with McMaster Carr lately.  They have all kinds
of raw materials that we want ;-)))  MSC (http://www.mscdirect-dot-com/) is
another great source for all kinds of materials too.

McMaster also has raw magnet wire too at the bottom of page 695:

http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/asp/loadpage.asp?pagenum=695&descid=20337&term=Magnet+Wire

Cheers,

         Terry